Saturday, September 17, 2011

Happiness is Grace Elizabeth being born


On Friday, June 3, 2011 at 1pm our sweet little Gracie was born. She weighed in at 8lbs 3oz and, was 20.5 inches long! 



Our Day started out like most do. We woke up, got ready, had breakfast but instead of David going to work and me waking Jessica up we left her with my Mom and went to the hospital. We got there at 6am ready for the induction to begin. While sitting in the room I was so overcome with mixed emotions. I felt guilty for leaving Jessica, worried as to what she would think, and so nervous for the labor and delivery.



  Around 1030am I started to have contractions am boy did they hurt. But around 12  relief came when I got the epidural! Not long after that my water broke on its own which sent a wave of anxiety over me. It was time! Dave went to get the midwife and let her know that I was ready. While sitting in the room alone for a minute I could feel the tears starting to well up again only this time I was not afraid but, so excited to meet my new baby girl. As soon as the midwife was ready she told me to push twice and, out came our sweet little Gracie. Tears of joy came from David and I as we looked at our precious baby. David cut the cord and helped to catch Grace too! We instantly fell in love with our sweet baby girl.

 Later in the day Jessica came to visit with my Mom. One of the greatest moments of this birth was the look of pure love and excitement in Jessica's face as she held her baby sister for the first time. What a blessing it is to have our girls, God as truly given us more than we ever dreamed.









No comments:

Post a Comment